Vacancy R&D Analytical chemical specialist
Polyganics is an innovative medical technology company. We develop, manufacture and commercialize worldwide, unique bioresorbable devices to facilitate tissue repair and regeneration after surgery. We aim to build highly innovative bioresorbable polymers and tailor these for different applications, improving surgical outcome and patient recovery.
Within the R&D team, the R&D Analytical chemical specialist is responsible for robust analytical method development for biodegradable medical devices. More specifically, you will develop, optimize and validate analytical test methods for chemical characterization (extractable/leachable studies), stability studies, in vitro drug release and process controls on both polymer and product level. In this role, you will have the responsibility to develop alternative analytical methods that are usually not found in the standard lab.
As we are a medical device company, this includes collecting and recording data and writing reliable reports in line with our quality system requirements. You will be involved in the initiation of technological innovation and will remain connected throughout the full development and product life cycle.
We are looking for a self-starter and a team player who will thrive in an entrepreneurial and technology-driven business environment.
– MSc degree in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent education and a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in either the pharmaceutical or the medical device industry. Experience with the development and validation of analytical test methods in line with ICH/FDA guidelines is an asset.
– Skills and ability to assess, plan, manage, and evaluate the analytical aspects of R&D projects.
– Knowledge of statistical analyses and data trending.
– Knowledge and experience with a broad range of analytical techniques (GC-MS, LC-MS, SEC) and a fast understanding of GMP and other regulatory requirements.
– The ability to qualitative and quantitative analyze data to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on a clear scientific rationale.
– Excellent problem-solving aptitude, communication, and multitasking skills, good organizational skills and high attention to detail.
We offer a responsible, independent and challenging position in a growing organization with the opportunity to develop yourself.
Polyganics has a professional but informal working environment, a pleasant work atmosphere and almost 70 enthusiastic colleagues. We offer a competitive salary and excellent secondary benefits.
Would you like more information?
Please contact Mr. Bart-Jan Korteling, Director Research and Product Development
+31 (0)50 588 6588 or Mrs. Henne Barkema (HR) +31 (0)6 52 0616 35.
You can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headhunters need not apply.